Friday, June 23
- 3 pm: Slow Race Championships!! Will be held at 1st and Elk Avenue before the “Chainless World Championships”. Lots of fun prizes…FREE!
- 5:00 pm: Doors open at the Majestic Theatre for the Crested Butte Devo High School Race Team Fundraiser – “Not2Bad” by Anthill Films and a special surprise video!! Super awesome raffle will all proceeds benefitting our high school race program. Movie will start at approximately 5:45 pm. $10 for children 18 and under, $15 for the rest of us!
Saturday, June 24
- 10 am – noon: Meet at Tommy V Field parking lot under CB Devo tent for Skills Clinics w/ CB Devo coaches, small groups will be broken into age/ability. These will be held at CBCS parking lots and we’ll also have clinics available for you parents with IMBA certified instructors, Phil and Cooper Ott, who are both absolutely AMAZING!! No matter how old you are, there’s always something to learn. $20/athlete
- 2 pm – 5 pm: Meet at Tommy V Field parking lot under CB Devo tent for Fun Ride w/ CB Devo parents, again groups and ride will be based on age/ability. Race “pre-ride” for those entering the Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic XC races on Sunday, June 25. $5 suggested donation/athlete that will be donated to the Crested Butte Land Trust.
- 5:30 pm: Pre-Race Meeting & Party at Totem Pole Park (located on Maroon Avenue across from the fire station) with Brick Oven pizza, drinks and Third Bowl Ice Cream…racers and fans welcome! Included with race entry, $10 suggested donation to CB Devo for everyone else.
Sunday, June 25 “2nd Annual Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic”
Maps, Maps, Course Descriptions… Did we say MAPS?!
- 9 am: 2017 Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic XC Race $10-$50/athlete includes event hat, pizza & ice cream at pre-race meeting and finishers medal. Sponsored by: Alpine Orthopaedics, MTBhome.com and Honey Stinger
- U18 (ages 14-17) $50 9 am Start: Course is approximately 12 miles, 1,500 ft climbing RED BIBS w/RED COURSE MARKINGS
- U14 (ages 12-13) $40 9:05 am Start: Course is approximately 10 miles, 1,000 ft climbing BLUE BIBS w/BLUE COURSE MARKINGS
- U12 (ages 10-11) $40 9:10 am Start: Course is approximately 10 miles, 1,000 ft climbing BLUE BIBS w/BLUE COURSE MARKINGS
- U10 (ages 8-9) $35 9:15 am Start: Course is approximately 8 miles, 800 ft climbing GREEN BIBS w/ GREEN COURSE MARKINGS
- U8 (ages 6-7) $30 9:20 am Start: Course is approximately 6 miles, 600 ft climbing YELLOW BIBS w/ YELLOW COURSE MARKINGS
- Strider Cup $10 9:30 am Start: Course is approximately 1.5 miles on concrete to dirt double track, 10 ft climbing WHITE BIBS w/ WHITE COURSE MARKINGS AND A RIDE LEADER
- All races will have neutral start and will finish on dirt at Peanut Lake Road for safety.
- Award Ceremony immediately following the race at the Junior Crested Butte Bike Week Headquarters…where the race started in the grass at Tommy V Field.