Please join us for the BEST KID’S BIKE PARTY on the planet!!! The 3rd Annual “Junior Crested Butte Bike Week” is for kids of all ages and abilities with everything from clinics to ICE CREAM…and yes, we did say ICE CREAM!!
Friday, June 22
- 3 pm: STRIDER CUP followed by the Slow Race (aka “Foot Down”) Championships!! Both events will be held at 1st and Elk Avenue before the “Chainless World Championships”. Lots of fun prizes and both events are FREE!
- 5:30 pm: Doors open at the Majestic Theatre for the Crested Butte Devo High School Race Team Fundraiser – Featuring “Filmed By Bike”. Super awesome “luck of the draw” with all proceeds benefitting our high school race program. Movie will start at approximately 6 pm. $10 for children 18 and under, $15 for the rest of us!
One raffle ticket included with movie entry.
Saturday, June 23
- 10 am – noon: Meet at Tommy V Field parking lot under CB Devo tent for Skills Clinics w/ CB Devo coaches, small groups will be broken into age/ability. These will be held at CBCS parking lots and we’ll also have clinics available for you parents with IMBA certified instructors, Phil Ott and Sierra Cucinelli, who are both absolutely AMAZING!! No matter how old you are, there is always something to learn. $20/athlete
- 2 pm – 4 pm: PBJ (Pumps, Bumps and Jumps) Expo to celebrate the NEW Crested Butte Bike Park!!!
- 5 pm: Pizza & Ice Cream Party followed by the pre-race meeting for the Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic at Totem Pole Park (located on Maroon Avenue across from the fire station) with Brick Oven pizza, Big B’s drinks and Third Bowl Ice Cream…racers and fans welcome! Included with race entry, $10 suggested donation to Crested Butte Devo for everyone else.
Sunday, June 24 “3rd Annual Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic”
- 9 am: 2018 Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic XC Race $10-$50/athlete includes event hat, pizza & ice cream at pre-race meeting and finishers medal. Supported by: The Crested Butte Land Trust, Alpine Orthopedics and MTBhome.com
- U18 (ages 14-17) $50 9 am Start: Course is approximately 12 miles, 1,500 ft climbing RED BIBS w/RED COURSE MARKINGS
- U14 (ages 12-13) $40 9:05 am Start: Course is approximately 10 miles, 1,000 ft climbing BLUE BIBS w/BLUE COURSE MARKINGS
- U12 (ages 10-11) $40 9:10 am Start: Course is approximately 10 miles, 1,000 ft climbing BLUE BIBS w/BLUE COURSE MARKINGS
- U10 (ages 8-9) $35 9:15 am Start: Course is approximately 8 miles, 800 ft climbing GREEN BIBS w/ GREEN COURSE MARKINGS
- U8 (ages 6-7) $30 9:20 am Start: Course is approximately 6 miles, 600 ft climbing YELLOW BIBS w/ YELLOW COURSE MARKINGS
- All races will have neutral start and will finish on dirt at Peanut Lake Road for safety.
- Award Ceremony immediately following the race at the Junior Crested Butte Bike Week Headquarters…where the race started in the grass at Tommy V Field.
The 3rd Annual Junior Crested Butte Bike Week will most definitely be the best one yet! We’ve got everything from Strider Cup to Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic racing and everything in between including movies, pizza, whip off competition, clinics and don’t forget the ICE CREAM!! Please visit our website at https://crestedbuttedevo.com/event/crested-butte-bike-week/ for more details. All proceeds benefit the Crested Butte Development Team, a 501(c)3 organization that solely exists to get (and keep) more kids on bikes.
Trailcraft Cycles, a small family business out of Ft. Collins, Colorado, will be at the Junior Crested Butte Bike Week event HQs located at the CBCS secondary parking lot near the Crested Butte Bike Park with their complete line-up of super shreddy kids bikes that will be available for free demos throughout the weekend. Stop by on Saturday, June 23 between 9 am and 4 pm or Sunday, June 24 between 9 am and 1 pm to take one for a spin!! Please visit Trailcraft Cycles for more information on their different models.
When creating Trailcraft, we knew the end goal was to design something better to take our own kids riding to the next level. To create a bike which makes the simple things like riding trails much more fun when you are a kid. You know, stuff like learning wheelies, manuals, and lifting the front end over obstacles on a super long technical ride. To go on those extended “big kid” rides, carve the turns, and accelerate out of the corners just like Mom and Dad. These are the bikes we’ve created for our own kids to ride, and we want to make the bikes we’ve created for our family available to your family coming into the sport we all love.