Applications for new CB Devo Summer 2019 participants will be available from March 12 thru March 26. Applications received after March 26 may not be considered depending on number of new applicants.
Registration for the Summer 2019 season is now CLOSED! Please feel free to contact us as there may be a few openings available but there are no guarantees at this point in our registration process. Thank you for your understanding 🙂
Final Summer 2019 CB Devo Team Announcements will be made via email by the end of the day, April 1.
Join us for the 4th annual “CB Devo Gear Night” at Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven. We’ll have team jerseys to try on as well as lots of bike gear to get you ready to ride this season. The MANDATORY PARENT MEETING will begin as close to 6 pm as possible 🙂
You’ve asked, we listened and we are EXCITED to announce the 1st Annual Crested Butte Devo Bike Swap!! With nearly 200 riders ages 5-18 in our program, we’ve got lots of great quality gear piling up that still has lots of miles left. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Crested Butte Development Team, a nonprofit 501 (c)3 organization that is solely dedicated to providing a fun and safe environment for young riders to develop the skills and passion that last a lifetime.
We would like this to be a high quality event so please no garage junk. Only bike specific gear in good condition will be accepted. Donations are more than welcome!
Drop-off Location, Dates and Times are as follows:
Thursday, May 2 7 am – 1 pm at the Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce (look for the CB Devo tents)
Friday, May 3 1 pm – 7 pm at the Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce
Pick-up will be after the event on Saturday, May 4 from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm unless other arrangements are made ahead of time. Unclaimed merchandise will be kindly donated to CB Devo or Six Points.
Any questions can be sent to Adam at events@CrestedButteDevo.com.
BONUS: We’ll have Gunnison Trails and Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association represented as well so you will be able to renew those memberships that make all of the many miles of Gunnison Valley singletrack the amazing dirt they are!!
Come hear about all of the exciting things happening with the Crested Butte Devo High School Race Team in 2019! We’ll have light appetizers and drinks along with coaches and current team members to answer all of your questions about this program. We will have fit kits available to try on for the upcoming race season. Parents are STRONGLY encouraged to attend.
Ride some of the best singletrack AND support Gunnison Trails??? YES PLEASE!!!
GROWLER KID’S RACES SATURDAY MORNING
The Original Growler Kid’s Races:
Calling all young mountain bikers from Striders on up that want to participate in the Gunnison Trails Growler weekend but just don’t quite have the legs for a full 32-mile lap. Here’s the scoop for the 3rd Annual “Original Kid’s Growler”…
When: Saturday – 8:30am, May 25th
Where: Hartman Rocks Base area at the picnic table pavilion
Please meet us under the picnic table pavilion at the Hartman Rocks base area at 8:30 am on Saturday, May 25 for FREE REGISTRATION! Here you’ll get a number plate and sign a quick release of liability waiver. Don’t forget to bring snacks and a water bottle or hydration pack. Helmets and closed toed sneakers required, sunglasses and bike gloves are highly recommended.
RACE 1- Ages 3-5, 9:30am
- On the short course, for the Strider riders as well as those just transitioning to pedals. For this one lap/short course race, we ask that parents accompany their child with no brakes or those who are still a little shaky. There may be a “mandatory dismount” to get down one short hill. Suggested age range for this race is 3-5 years old.
RACE 2- Ages 5-7, 9:45am
- On the short course, this race is intended for kids that are confident pedaling and more experienced on two wheels. This race will be approximately 15 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 5-7 years old.
RACE 3- Ages 7-9, 10:10am
- On the short course, this race will be for even faster kids with more proficient bike handling skill and fitness. This race will be approximately 20 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 7-9 years old.
RACE 4- Ages 9+, 10:20am
- This race will be on a longer course for our oldest and fastest kids. Riders registering for this race must have solid descending skills and endurance for longer laps with more climbing. This race will be approximately 30 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 9 and up.
We will have a raffle to benefit Gunnison Trails and a free healthy lunch for riders immediately following the long course race at the pavilion at the base area of Hartman Rocks to get fueled up for….
Skills Clinics With Crested Butte Devo Coaches – 12:30 pm – 3 pm
We will be offering plenty of FUN and SKILL BUILDING for beginner to intermediate riders. Our professional CB Devo coaches are notorious for getting kids stoked to take their mountain biking to the next level. The focus of these clinics will be:
- Body Position
- Bike Set-Up
Don’t miss this awesome opportunity! Availability is limited, please contact Adam at events@CrestedButteDevo.com today to reserve your spot. Same day sign-up will be based on availability. Clinics will take place at the Hartman Rocks base area and participants should meet at the picnic pavilion – a.k.a. “Original Kid’s Growler Headquarters”. Riders are required to have a proper fitting and safe bike and helmet along with gloves, proper footwear, hydration pack with water and a snack.
These clinics will be offered free of charge, however we strongly encourage and appreciate any donations that will benefit the Crested Butte Development Team, a 501(c)3 non-profit youth organization that supports riders in the Gunnison valley.
For 12 years, the Original Growler has not wavered from our guiding principal of asking you to trade your hard earned dollars for three things:
1. An awesome day on the bike. The Growler offers a challenging, singletrack heavy mountain biking experience on some of the finest trails on the planet.
2. A killer party. Food, drink and camaraderie, post race, in downtown Gunnison (for those that still have some party left in them!)
3. Top shelf trails, both existing and developing. Regardless of where you live, you become a stakeholder in Gunnison area trails as every penny of your entry fee goes directly to the 501c3 not for profit,
Gunnison Trails, and Gunnison Trails’ mission is focused solely on improving and expanding area trails.