Come hear about all of the exciting things happening with the Crested Butte Devo High School Race Team in 2018! We’ll have light appetizers and drinks along with coaches and current team members to answer all of your questions about this program. We will have fit kits available to try on for the upcoming race season. Parents are STRONGLY encouraged to attend.
Ride some of the best singletrack AND support Gunnison Trails??? YES PLEASE!!!
Join us at the Hartman Rocks base area for the 2nd Annual Kid’s Original Growler…a free, fun event JUST for kids. Participants will receive a super pro race plate and event trucker hat. Donations will be accepted to benefit Gunnison Trails.
GROWLER KID’S RACES SATURDAY MORNING
The Original Growler Kid’s Races:
Calling all young mountain bikers from Striders on up that want to participate in the Gunnison Trails Growler weekend but just don’t quite have the legs for a full 32-mile lap. Here’s the scoop for the second annual “Kid’s Growler”…
When: Saturday – 8:30am, May 26th
Where: Hartman Rocks Base area at the picnic table pavilion
Please meet us under the picnic table pavilion at the Hartman Rocks base area at 8:30 am on Saturday, May 26 for FREE REGISTRATION! Here you’ll get a number plate and sign a quick release of liability waiver. Don’t forget to bring snacks and a water bottle or hydration pack. Helmets and closed toed sneakers required, sunglasses and bike gloves are highly recommended.
RACE 1- Ages 3-5, 9:30am
- On the short course, for the Strider riders as well as those just transitioning to pedals. For this one lap/short course race, we ask that parents accompany their child with no brakes or those who are still a little shaky. There may be a “mandatory dismount” to get down one short hill. Suggested age range for this race is 3-5 years old.
RACE 2- Ages 5-7, 9:45am
- On the short course, this race is intended for kids that are confident pedaling and more experienced on two wheels. This race will be approximately 15 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 5-7 years old.
RACE 3- Ages 7-9, 10:10am
- On the short course, this race will be for even faster kids with more proficient bike handling skill and fitness. This race will be approximately 20 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 7-9 years old.
RACE 4- Ages 9+, 10:20am
- This race will be on a longer course for our oldest and fastest kids. Riders registering for this race must have solid descending skills and endurance for longer laps with more climbing. This race will be approximately 30 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 9 and up.
We will have healthy post-race refreshments at the start/finish area. Please contact Amy at amy@CrestedButteDevo.com with any questions.
For eleven years, the Original Growler has not wavered from our guiding principal of asking you to trade your hard earned dollars for three things:
1. An awesome day on the bike. The Growler offers a challenging, singletrack heavy mountain biking experience on some of the finest trails on the planet.
2. A killer party. Food, drink and camaraderie, post race, in downtown Gunnison (for those that still have some party left in them!)
3. Top shelf trails, both existing and developing. Regardless of where you live, you become a stakeholder in Gunnison area trails as every penny of your entry fee goes directly to the 501c3 not for profit,
Gunnison Trails, and Gunnison Trails’ mission is focused solely on improving and expanding area trails.
Please have your program registration completed and/or updated with current medical and emergency contact information. Program fees are also due at this time. Thank you!
New for 2018 we will be moving our drop off and pick up location to the Tommy V Field parking lot. With so much traffic happening at the Rainbow Park these days this will be better to have more room for bikes, getting groups organized and STRETCHING. Please have your child READY TO RIDE at 9 am and pick up is at 3 pm. If you are going to be later than 3:15 pm, please let us know!