Ride some of the best singletrack AND support Gunnison Trails??? YES PLEASE!!!
GROWLER KID’S RACES SATURDAY MORNING
The Original Growler Kid’s Races:
Calling all young mountain bikers from Striders on up that want to participate in the Gunnison Trails Growler weekend but just don’t quite have the legs for a full 32-mile lap. Here’s the scoop for the 3rd Annual “Original Kid’s Growler”…
When: Saturday – 8:30am, May 25th
Where: Hartman Rocks Base area at the picnic table pavilion
Please meet us under the picnic table pavilion at the Hartman Rocks base area at 8:30 am on Saturday, May 25 for FREE REGISTRATION! Here you’ll get a number plate and sign a quick release of liability waiver. Don’t forget to bring snacks and a water bottle or hydration pack. Helmets and closed toed sneakers required, sunglasses and bike gloves are highly recommended.
RACE 1- Ages 3-5, 9:30am
- On the short course, for the Strider riders as well as those just transitioning to pedals. For this one lap/short course race, we ask that parents accompany their child with no brakes or those who are still a little shaky. There may be a “mandatory dismount” to get down one short hill. Suggested age range for this race is 3-5 years old.
RACE 2- Ages 5-7, 9:45am
- On the short course, this race is intended for kids that are confident pedaling and more experienced on two wheels. This race will be approximately 15 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 5-7 years old.
RACE 3- Ages 7-9, 10:10am
- On the short course, this race will be for even faster kids with more proficient bike handling skill and fitness. This race will be approximately 20 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 7-9 years old.
RACE 4- Ages 9+, 10:20am
- This race will be on a longer course for our oldest and fastest kids. Riders registering for this race must have solid descending skills and endurance for longer laps with more climbing. This race will be approximately 30 minutes long. The suggested age range for this race is 9 and up.
We will have a raffle to benefit Gunnison Trails and a free healthy lunch for riders immediately following the long course race at the pavilion at the base area of Hartman Rocks to get fueled up for….
Skills Clinics With Crested Butte Devo Coaches – 12:30 pm – 3 pm
We will be offering plenty of FUN and SKILL BUILDING for beginner to intermediate riders. Our professional CB Devo coaches are notorious for getting kids stoked to take their mountain biking to the next level. The focus of these clinics will be:
- Body Position
- Bike Set-Up
Don’t miss this awesome opportunity! Availability is limited, please contact Adam at events@CrestedButteDevo.com today to reserve your spot. Same day sign-up will be based on availability. Clinics will take place at the Hartman Rocks base area and participants should meet at the picnic pavilion – a.k.a. “Original Kid’s Growler Headquarters”. Riders are required to have a proper fitting and safe bike and helmet along with gloves, proper footwear, hydration pack with water and a snack.
These clinics will be offered free of charge, however we strongly encourage and appreciate any donations that will benefit the Crested Butte Development Team, a 501(c)3 non-profit youth organization that supports riders in the Gunnison valley.
For 12 years, the Original Growler has not wavered from our guiding principal of asking you to trade your hard earned dollars for three things:
1. An awesome day on the bike. The Growler offers a challenging, singletrack heavy mountain biking experience on some of the finest trails on the planet.
2. A killer party. Food, drink and camaraderie, post race, in downtown Gunnison (for those that still have some party left in them!)
3. Top shelf trails, both existing and developing. Regardless of where you live, you become a stakeholder in Gunnison area trails as every penny of your entry fee goes directly to the 501c3 not for profit,
Gunnison Trails, and Gunnison Trails’ mission is focused solely on improving and expanding area trails.
Please have your program registration completed and/or updated with current medical and emergency contact information. Program fees are also due at this time. Thank you!
All groups will meet for both drop off and pick up at the Tommy V Field parking lot located behind CBCS adjacent to the CB Bike Park. Please have your child READY TO RIDE at 9 am and pick up is at 3 pm. If you are going to be later than 3:15 pm, please let us know!
Please check out our event website at https://www.juniorbikeweek.com/ for the most comprehensive and current details!!! There’s a TON of action happening throughout these four days so we don’t want you to miss anything 🙂
There will be no CB Devo programming on Wednesday, July 4 in observance of the 4th of July holiday. There will be no make-up day this season and program fees have been adjusted to reflect this missed day.
Please be in touch with Coach Torrey on any and all details regarding the Crested Butte Devo High School Race Team programming.