NOTICEAthletes must be enrolling in Grade 2 for the Fall 2017 school year to participate in our “Mini Devo” program. All age groups referenced throughout the application and registration processes will be for the grade the athlete will be entering for the Fall 2017 school year. Please no exceptions!
STEP 1: New participant applications will be available March 4 and due back to us no later than March 24, 2017…Thank you!
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Our coaches will review these applications and select the athletes that will make up the most well matched teams taking age, gender and ability levels into consideration. These team announcements will be made by email on or before March 31. Please understand that this will not be an easy process for our coaches. They will do their very best to accept as many athletes as possible however, we need to prioritize the quality of our program and need small rider to coach ratios to accomplish our goals. Please direct any questions, concerns or comments regarding this process to Amy via email or by phone at (970) 596-4085.
(Click here to view tutorial on mobile devices)
STEP 2: After (and ONLY AFTER) you have been contacted by Crested Butte Devo regarding acceptance into our summer 2017 program, please register here.
STEP 3: Then you will be redirected to Secure Your Spot(s) automatically.
- This is a non-refundable $50 pre-registration deposit.
- This deposit will be deducted at “checkout” when you complete the program registration and payment process (STEP 4).
STEP 4: Choose the right GROUP for your athlete(s)
STEP 5: Pay Program Fees in full.
For the 2017 season, all registration paperwork and payment can be completed online. We HUGELY appreciate payments made by check as this allows us to put more money back into our program rather than paying merchant fees. If you prefer to pay with a check, that can be mailed in to us at:
Crested Butte Devo
PO Box 1416
Crested Butte, CO
Online registration and full program fees are due on or before May 15, 2017.
Fees vary for our one and two-day programming, however the daily fee comes out to $45/day for all groups. Included with this registration fee is a fully sublimated team tech tee and end of season ice cream party. Crested Butte Devo “CELEBRATION” trips will be available for older athletes for an additional fee that will be VERY reasonable.
- We will offer a 5% sibling discount.
- With our expanded programming, it is simply too difficult to issue credits for days that are missed. Therefore, you will be expected to pay for sessions that your child is unable to attend. Please consider the points below under our “Missed Sessions Policy” regarding extended absences. This is not a drop-in program and the level of commitment required comes from a place of safety and fun.
We understand that summer is a time that many families like to go away to visit family or vacation. All we ask is that you please communicate with us ASAP which days you will not be able to attend in order for us to make adjustments to our schedules if needed.
Missed Sessions Policy
We strongly discourage missing sessions with Crested Butte Devo for the following reasons:
- When an athlete is away, he/she loses fitness and returns to the group in a totally different place then they were before they left.
- It becomes a safety issue when we have athletes who can’t complete a ride in a reasonable amount of time. This jeopardizes the ability of the coach to avoid exposure when bad weather is imminent.
- We want every day to be a positive experience on the bike and when sessions are missed, especially on a regular basis, that is not going to be a positive experience for anyone.
We rely heavily on registration fees when creating our budget for the year and paying our highly-qualified, well-trained coaches well for their immense passion and energy is a top priority for us. We appreciate your understanding with this matter and of course, please feel free to contact Amy if you have special circumstances that need to be considered.
Regarding extended absences due to sickness, family vacation, other camps and/or activities please be sure that your child understands that when he/she returns to CB Devo there is a high probability that he/she will be in a different group. Here’s why…we saw firsthand last season that the riders who were consistent in their commitment to riding throughout the summer had amazing progress. Those who missed weeks with no riding lost fitness and struggled to keep up with their group. If you are questioning this policy, I’d like you to please ask yourself this question: How does this effect the experience of your child and the rest of the groups safety?
Please know that our intentions here are NOT to be exclusive and that we DO understand that kids and families have other summer commitments. If your child will be missing a couple of weeks throughout the summer session due to other camps and/or family vacations that is okay and we can work with your schedule. Crested Butte kids are tough and bounce back quick so we just ask that you make the best effort possible to schedule trips around days your child’s group meets to ride.
In the case of injury, all remaining registration fees for the season will be either refunded or can be used as a credit for next season.