Crested Butte Development Team is fully licensed with the State of Colorado Office of Early Childhood.
All grade levels are for the 2024-25 school year. All program details, including fees, are currently being updated for the 2024 season.
As always, we are super excited to offer Crested Butte Devo groups this summer for high school aged riders! With limited summer programming available for this age group, we look forward to providing fun, safe and adventurous rides for these older riders. In an effort to accommodate those with jobs and other commitments, we are offering one day a week group rides for boys and girls on Tuesdays that will be based on ability. This season is just six weeks long and serves as a way to keep our high school riders connected throughout the summer.
Team culture, trail etiquette, skill building, injury prevention, bike maintenance, nutrition, and map reading will all continue to be part of this program . We will group these ninth thru twelfth grade riders based on skill and fitness level. At this age, riders in this program should be self-motivated to continue with skill building and are interested in taking their adventure riding to the next level. All riders in this group must be on a minimum of a 27.5” bike and be comfortable on longer, more physically demanding rides including Deer Creek, 403, Dyke Trail, Reno/Flag/Bear/Deadman’s, etc.
We are building on what we’ve learned these past several seasons and have added a Thursday HIGH SCHOOL RACE PROGRAM option on Thursdays from 9 – 1pm. Thursdays will be race preparation-focused training days for highly motivated and committed riders. Before signing up for this program, please contact our U19/HS Program Manager, Jenny Smith, to ensure that this commitment is a good fit.
We expect our High School Race Program riders to participate in both the Junior Wildflower Classic during Junior Bike Week in Crested Butte and the Colorado State MTB Championships during our summer season. Riders will be asked to race for Crested Butte Devo at these events; however, athletes may represent their high school or club team if a Crested Butte Devo kit is not an option. We will discuss more details when programming begins in June. The Colorado State MTB Championships will be an organized Crested Butte Devo campout trip, travel will be provided by Crested Butte Devo and camping will be at the Sugar Loafin’ Campground in Leadville. In addition to these events, the race program will prepare riders for the Colorado League high school race season. Thursday rides will develop independence, self-sufficiency, route following, higher intensity, race training and skills, and workout execution.
* These require pre-registration and approval before purchase.
- Starts June 18 – August 1; NO PROGRAMMING THE WEEK OF JULY 4!! (6 weeks)
- Includes: Frequent popsicle days and an end-of-season CB Devo U19/HS team CELEBRATION party!!High quality custom Podiumwear CB Devo logo jerseys available to pre-order for $45 (adult, gender specific short sleeve), $55 (unisex 3/4 sleeve), or $60 (unisex long sleeve).
- CB Devo High School Race Team practice begins on Tuesday, August 6. Please make every effort possible to begin team practices at this time to be as prepared as possible for the race season that kicks off four short weeks later with the season opener on August 24-25, 2024!! We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that CB Devo HSRT riders participate in our summer programming for all the obvious reasons, adaptation being at the top of the list 🙂
U19/HS Girls + Boys (Same programming, rides grouped on ability)
- Tuesday Adventure Ride (9 – 3pm) = $365
- Thursday HIGH SCHOOL RACE PROGRAM (9 – 1pm); Tuesdays are REQUIRED to be part of this programming as establishing solid base miles + our continued commitment to team culture and camaraderie are priorities of this NEW program option.
- Both Tuesday & Thursday = $625
2024 Summer High School Race Program Schedule
- June 30 – Junior Wildflower Classic, Junior Bike Week, Crested Butte
- July TBD – Colorado MTB Championships, Copper Mountain; more details will be forthcoming
Please contact our U19/HS Program Manager, Jenny Smith, with any questions.